Alvi Armani Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On     Forum Rules
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Andre Agassi wore a wig!! Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2/17/2014 7:32:53 PM
-

Andre Agassi wore a wig

» Apparently before he shaved his head he wore a wig for a few months. He
» must have been really paranoid on the tennis court!
»

I knew it !

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091031/en_afp/tennisagassiusaoffbeat_20091031170957

LONDON (AFP) – Former tennis star Andre Agassi has admitted the lion mane-style hairstyle he sported during the 1990s was actually a wig, in extracts from his autobiography published in British newspapers Saturday.

Agassi said he wore a hairpiece held together with pins in his first Grand Slam final, the 1990 French Open final, and blamed his concerns that it would fall apart for losing the match to Andres Gomez.

Before the match he prayed "not for victory, but that my hairpiece would not fall off", he writes in "Open".

In previous excerpts, Agassi admitted he had used the drug crystal methamphetamine in 1997.

He said he started to wear a wig to disguise hair loss.

"Every morning I would get up and find another piece of my identity on the pillow, in the wash basin, down the plughole," he wrote.

"I asked myself: you want to wear a toupee? On the tennis court? I answered myself; what else could I do?"

But the wig began to disintegrate as he took a shower the night before the Paris final -- "probably I used the wrong hair rinse," Agassi writes.

He panicked and called his brother Philly into the room. Together, they managed to clamp the wig together using clips and pins.

Agassi, 39, writes: "Of course I could have played without my hairpiece, but what would all the journalists have written if they knew that all the time I was really wearing a wig?

"During the warming-up training before play I prayed. Not for victory, but that my hairpiece would not fall off.

"With each leap, I imagine it falling into the sand. I imagine millions of spectators move closer to their TV sets, their eyes widening and, in dozens of dialects and languages, ask how Andre Agassi's hair has fallen from his head."

It was actress Brooke Shields, who he married, who persuaded him to cut off all his remaining hair.

"She said I should shave my head," he said. "It was like suggesting I should have all my teeth out.

"Nevertheless, I thought for a few days about it, about the agonies it caused me, the hypocrisy and lies."

But after taking the plunge, "a stranger stood before me in the mirror and smiled," Agassi said.

"My wig was like a chain and the ridiculously long strands in three colours like an iron ball which hung on it."

Agassi won eight Grand Slams during his career and is one of only six men to win all four major titles.

Post #953
Posted 11/3/2009 6:48:24 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 12/21/2009 3:33:46 PM
Wow... looked really genuine as well.. nice hairpiece lol..

http://alvi-armani-hair-replacement.blogspot.com/
Post #954
Posted 11/4/2009 8:23:39 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 11/11/2009 8:53:34 PM
I wonder what norwood he might be, and if he ever considered a HT.

It's been three years since I had my HT and I still "GOT MY SWAGGER"
Post #957
Posted 11/4/2009 10:03:56 PM

Last Login: 12/21/2009 3:33:46 PM
Definately a very high NW... Maybe a 7??

http://alvi-armani-hair-replacement.blogspot.com/
Post #959
Posted 11/4/2009 11:55:52 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 5/31/2011 3:42:26 PM
Wow, I would've never guessed that he was wearing a hairpiece. It was a pretty good one to say the least.

Here is my website  http://armani-fue-transplant.blogspot.com/
Post #960
Posted 11/6/2009 11:39:47 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 9/7/2013 4:25:51 PM
This just kind of shows... Hairloss can effet sanybody and everybody

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

http://mystorypats205.blogspot.com/
Post #966
Posted 11/8/2009 9:26:12 PM

Last Login: 1/22/2012 2:19:32 PM
Lol...that is so sad...I don't think I would have considered a wig but to each his own..

Gabriel

Post #982
Posted 11/12/2009 12:43:16 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 4/19/2010 10:24:49 PM
"LION - MANE STYLE " ... HAHAHAHAHAHAH

THAT ... IS ... AWSOME !!!!!

Lord the 80's were INCREDIBLE. Cmon guys that style was awsome.

He looked fasntastic and it definetly shows the mental pain a man goes through when hit with the HL fact.

The man didnt care about his match just that his hairdpiece that he couldnt bare go wothout wouldnt fall out.

Long live great HT Dr's.

R.I.P "Lion - Mane Hair style"... Youll be missed.

Cheers

MoM

Post #993
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:58am