Alvi Armani Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On     Forum Rules
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

I'm new to Hair Transplants Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/3/2015 1:08:18 AM
My hairloiss has really been bothering me lately. I started doing a sdearch for hairloss solutions and found this forum. It seems to me the more I read stuff I see on TV like Rogaine really doesn't help much. The more I read the only permanent soultion is a Hair Transplant. Is this true?

The hair is taken from the sides and placed on top correct? I have seen commercials for Bosley on TV but they don't go into the logistics of it. The results on TV seem good though.

Post #436
Posted 8/19/2009 3:22:37 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 3/14/2011 10:39:46 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. propecia is great way to slow down, even sometimes stop the hairloss. The only real way to have the bald spots or thin spots filled in is with a hair transplant. Bosley's results sometimes look great, but i have heard lots of horror stories as well. Just do your homework. Even though i did not get my procedure yet I'm 100% sure with mr.armani

-Ryan Hunter
Post #440
Posted 8/21/2009 10:06:27 AM

Last Login: 6/23/2011 10:36:42 AM
A hair transplant can really change your life in a positive way, jsut make sure to choose a top doctor so you get the best reuslt.
Post #454
Posted 8/21/2009 10:15:01 AM

Last Login: 3/3/2015 1:08:18 AM
I just went thru a few stories in the hairloss results section and I have to say I am blown away with some of the results. Especialy Man of Mystery's result. If I could get something like this done I would be very very happy.

[after11.jpg]

Post Attachments 
after11.jpg (976 views, 41.32 KB)

Post #460
Posted 8/27/2009 12:06:27 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 3/31/2013 12:41:26 PM
Westside, Have you tried any of the meds yet? If not, you should get on them first to see how well they work for you. I grew back tons of hair after just 4 months on propecia and rogaine. The combination of the two has not only grown a lot of my hair back, it has also stopped any more loss for the past 4 years. The combo of meds stops hairloss in most men!!!

First thing you need to do is get on them, give it 6 months and see how you react. Only then can you make a real game plan on a transplant procedure. Stopping your current hairloss should be your #1 goal. It is much easier to keep what you have and fill in the small loss you have now then to let it all fall out and try covering your whole head.

Sean
Post #513
Posted 8/30/2009 4:25:52 PM

Last Login: 1/22/2012 2:19:32 PM
Hey Westside,

I know what you mean.  I started losing my hair at only 23 years old and it is pretty devastating.  The only permanent solution I have ever hear of is a hair transplant. 

I really hope you do not go to Bosley though, check out their stats and information on the American Hairloss Association website, not really good.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Gabriel

Post #544
Posted 8/30/2009 4:27:52 PM

Last Login: 1/22/2012 2:19:32 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried everything under the sun to stop the hair loss and of course nothing worked.  I ended up getting a hair transplant with Dr. Armani last year and I'm really glad I did.  Make sure you research your doctor and get as much information as possible.  Armani was very truthful in what to expect and the results are great. 

Gabriel

Post #545
Posted 8/30/2009 11:44:01 PM

Last Login: 3/14/2011 10:39:46 PM
agreed with sean1977. I started with a receding hairline very young (maybe 18) then when i was 20 i started going bald at the crown. I been on the two meds for 7 months and it completely cleared the bald spot in the crown. When i do get my procedure with Mr. Armani He plans on repairing zones 1 and 2 and eventually down the line if the meds fail to work for me I will get that repaired. At first i didn't even think this stuff would work, but it really did and I'm happy I did it.
Also, I remember talking to eric once from the Armani Clinic about two twins. One took the Pill and the other did not. Even though they are twins, they looked completely different since one had much more hair then the other.

-Ryan Hunter
Post #551
Posted 8/31/2009 1:04:30 PM

Last Login: 9/28/2010 3:22:15 PM
Hey Westside,

I totally understand how you are feeling.  I started experiencing hairloss at a relatively young age.  I tried almost every treatment under the sun for hair loss(Propecia, Rogaine, etc.) but nothing was able to bring my hair back to where I wanted it to be.  The Propecia definitely slowed the hair loss down but never regrew any hair.  I wasn't happy until I moved forward with a hair transplant with Dr. Armani.  I achieved some amazing results and believe it was the best decision I ever made in regards to my hair loss. 

Jay

http://alviarmani.wordpress.com/

Post #552
Posted 9/1/2009 7:24:55 PM

Last Login: 12/21/2009 3:33:46 PM
Was totally in the same boat as you, suffered hair loss since the age of 18 & having a transplant definately was one of the most positive things in my life.

http://alvi-armani-hair-replacement.blogspot.com/
Post #557
Posted 9/10/2009 10:31:00 AM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 11/29/2009 1:38:14 AM
My hairloiss has really been bothering me lately. I started doing a sdearch for hairloss solutions and found this forum. It seems to me the more I read stuff I see on TV like Rogaine really doesn't help much. The more I read the only permanent soultion is a Hair Transplant. Is this true?

The hair is taken from the sides and placed on top correct? I have seen commercials for Bosley on TV but they don't go into the logistics of it. The results on TV seem good though.

All good advice already.  Dont think anyone actually answered where the hair is taken from.  Its taken from the back as well as the sides.  Singles, doulbles and triples, depending on the area its being put.  Realise with medication there may also be unwanted side effects.  Finesteride doesnt give me any problems, but I get an incredibly itchy head and really bad dandruff when I use minoxidil.  Which are the two main products most guys are using.

Hair loss sux man.  We all have felt how you feel.  Do your research, save your cash if need be, and go with the Dr you think will give you the best results.  Or as with some guys you may look good with the shaved head.  Unfortunately even a shaved head looks better when you can see the guy isnt balding and has the choice to grow it long.  Dough!

You should post some pics here so we can be more helpful.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Post #581
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:30am