Alvi Armani Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On     Forum Rules
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Considering 2nd procedure... Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/31/2013 12:41:26 PM
I am two years out from my 1st procedure, and I'm not considering a 2nd procedure to thicken things up a bit more. A few questions for those of you who have had a 2nd procedure.

1) What was your experience with recovery during the 2nd procedure? Was it the same as the 1st or did you feel like you recovered faster the 2nd time?

2) Did you experience any shockloss in areas where you had your previous procedure done? I'm wondering if the previous transplanted hair is resistant to this as it should be healthier than the thinning hair.

Any other advice you can give would be great.. Thanks!!

Sean
Post #1232
Posted 2/21/2010 10:06:09 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 9/7/2013 4:25:51 PM
The 2nd procedure will be very similar to the first healing wise, not much will be different at all. Things that effect healing are the number of grafts. If you have less grafts and less area to cover then obviously the healing will be quicker.

As far as swelling is concerned, if you have grafts placed i nthe back, zones 3 and 4 then you will not have any swelling i nthe face, if you have grafts on zones 1 and 2 then you will have some swelling no matter if it is your first or 2nd procedure.

The good thing about procedure #2 is, you have been thru it before and you know what to expect.

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

http://mystorypats205.blogspot.com/

Post #1236
Posted 3/2/2010 10:11:10 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 5/31/2011 3:42:26 PM
Eric is completely right. I had  a second procedure which thickened up my hairline a bit, and placed about 1400 grafts in zones 3 and 4. I'm almost 3 months out and things are going extremely well. I'm actually recovering better than I did the first time because I'm used to the procedure. You should definitely go for the procedure and not worry about the healing. Everything will go well if you follow the post op instructions meticulously.

Here is my website  http://armani-fue-transplant.blogspot.com/
Post #1241
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:56am