Alvi Armani Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On     Forum Rules
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Do these really work? Expand / Collapse
Author

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 1/13/2015 4:44:46 PM
I have seen adds for Toppik and Dermatch, but it seems like you are just putting paint on your head, how can that look good?
Post #249
Posted 7/26/2009 9:51:19 PM

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 6/11/2010 2:41:04 PM

Can only use this if you have thinning hair ( I have), not if you're completely bald. I use dermatch everyday -- as the name says, it conceals.
Post #251
Posted 7/26/2009 10:33:52 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 1/13/2015 3:17:17 PM
If you have thinnig hair, but no bald patches you can get away with using toppik or Dermatch. But if yo uget caught in the rain, you start to sweat, or in harsh sunlight it is noticeable you are using concealers, and that can be a nighmare if you are caught.

As well, there are those out there who believe putting that crap in your hair and on your scalp everyday can cause further hair loss.

Post #252
Posted 7/30/2009 10:29:12 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 9/7/2013 4:25:51 PM
I used concealers for a while and they worked ok, but I was always nervous about someone finding out, and the more hair I lost the more Concealer I had to use making me more and more paranoid. It was like living in a prison.

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

http://mystorypats205.blogspot.com/
Post #293
Posted 8/7/2009 7:25:22 AM

Last Login: 4/19/2010 10:24:49 PM
I could only imagine what you you felt like Pats...

However I cant get a grasp on what it actually does...

Its a hair fattener but the funny this is in a you tube video showing how it works, the guy sprays it on, you see it getting darker and thicker but then uses a combover technique...

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en&q=toppik%20concealer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

I also saw Microfibre Cheatina... Whats this all about? some sort of powder???

Dare I even ask what happens in a rain storm? Imagine that perfectly planned romantic date; But suddenly it pours! you shield your date run back to your car, looks at you because its too dark outside to see, the start up lights in the car go on ... and poof ur bald or thinning now! (can u blame it on acid rain?)

Then I thought that with that spray stuff, how does it work if you meet someone at a bar, spend the night and they wake up before you???????

Is the spray still on? what if it isnt ????? Imagine the shock

How would these situations play out?
Post #356
Posted 8/7/2009 10:59:44 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 9/28/2010 3:22:15 PM
I have never tried using any concealers but have to imagine it is more of an inconvenience than anything.  Just think of all the scenarios that would interfere with the performance of the product.  Gym, rainstorm, meeting a nice woman out and she tries running her hands through your hair....I wouldn't even know what to say in that situation!

Jay

http://alviarmani.wordpress.com/
Post #357
Posted 8/18/2009 12:01:09 AM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 5/31/2011 3:42:26 PM
Hi fellas,

I use toppik myself. I agree with all of you. It is definitely easy to become paranoid when using concealers.  Toppik is pretty effective. I have thinning hair and it definitely does help me to a certain extent. However, when you sweat or are in the rain it can become messy.  But it definitely does help me conceal my thinning hair.

Here is my website  http://armani-fue-transplant.blogspot.com/

Post #420
Posted 8/18/2009 4:41:57 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 9/7/2013 4:25:51 PM
[b]Dare I even ask what happens in a rain storm? Imagine that perfectly planned romantic date; But suddenly it pours! you shield your date run back to your car, looks at you because its too dark outside to see, the start up lights in the car go on ... and poof ur bald or thinning now! (can u blame it on acid rain?)

The stuff is a disaster in a rain storm. And forget going swimming.

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

http://mystorypats205.blogspot.com/

Post #426
Posted 8/19/2009 1:32:43 PM

Last Login: 4/19/2010 10:24:49 PM
I could imagine Pats!

I guess you would just have to be constantly checking the weather and making sure that you are safe!

Post #439
Posted 11/17/2009 11:24:03 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 2/21/2012 6:08:23 PM
Yeah I use to use Toppik and it was just so expensive, but it actually did the trick and use to make it look a bit denser, but when chics would try to run their hand through your hair you're SOL. I think it's ok for temporary use where you have high visibility like a groom or at a formal event but then again you don't want everyone thinking you have a wig on, the stuff gets messy too...

http://armaniht.blogspot.com
Post #1019
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:49am