Alvi Armani Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On     Forum Rules
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

If it seems too good... Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/29/2010 4:34:38 AM
Hey guys

New here. I was wondering about something myself.

I always really believed in the saying, if it seems too good to be true it probably is. That said, the before and after pics of the FUE patients on the official site seem amazing. Looking at all of these so called "blogs" i was curious if these are real?

It just seem such a perfect industry to abuse peoples and cash in on their insecurities. Let's be honest, people pay a lot of money for this procedures and in my opinion, some of these pictures look too good to be true. A few even look like totally different people from before and after. Im not saying its a scam but how much of this is real?

thanks
Post #1465
Posted 7/9/2010 2:59:16 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 9/7/2013 4:25:51 PM
If you review my patient website you will see many many many photos all taken by myself and my dad in good lighting at different angles. I did my very best to document my procedure like never before.

My blog also includes videos of my result

http://mystorypats205.blogspot.com/

To navigate thru my page and see many more photos including before pictures, my post op pictures and photos showing monthly updates, please scroll down and look over to the right under Blog Archive, click on the links.

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

Post #1467
Posted 7/9/2010 3:10:49 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 6/23/2011 4:23:11 PM
I know what you mean, anything to good to be true is usually. I will say though that Armani's results seem to be much better then most clinics. Most websites have 1 or 2 before photos and 1 or 2 after photos and we are supposed to make our decision based on that??

Have you ever seen MHR or Bosley's websites??

Atleast with Armani and the blogs you see photos taken by the patients and lots of them, even ones of how they look after surgery.

I think it's a step in the right diredction.

Post #1468
Posted 7/9/2010 3:49:58 PM

Eric

Yes, thanks for that. Already saw your pics and they look amazing. They really do. Congrats!!

But you also seem to work for alviarmani so...

I think the mistrust comes from all these blogs looking sorta the same. They seem setup to lure people into getting that 'perfect head of hair' back.

Going onto 40, i still have a lot of hair (thank god) however i did have a little procedure done at Bosley a few years back trying to fix my slowly receding hairline and I suppose i got lucky cause you cant see any scaring and i only had 800 grafts done. My point is Bosley seems like a big factory of bad hair transplants and hence makes one wonder.

However the FUE treatment, even tho a LOT more expensive, seems really perfect for people who still have a decent amount of hair and just want to enjoy another decade with more better hair days...

Can anyone with experience of the B hills office/clinic chime in here and share some info?

Really going to the Bosley guys was such a pride swallowing experience that im already afraid to go in for a consultation.

Again, the cashing in on peoples vanity seems just so real. I mean nothing wrong with making money but i guess I want to get realistic advise....

That said again, the results pictures i've seem do look amazing.

cheers
Post #1469
Posted 7/9/2010 3:58:17 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

true, I do work for the clinic but check out my pics, all taken in the same spot every month, same lighting all in my dad's kitchen. My videos were taken with no product, not even gel.

It doesn't get much more real.

Really look at the photos in the Blogs, photos are taken by the patien't themselves, not in a studio, this is important to take note of.

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

Post #1470
Posted 7/9/2010 4:01:53 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 1/13/2015 4:18:16 PM
you had a procedure at Bosley? No wonder you are sekptical
Post #1471
Posted 7/9/2010 4:03:31 PM

Forum Guru

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 6/6/2020 2:45:55 PM
buzzfunk - please upload an avatar to your profile

Below I have listed instructions on how to upload and change your personal avatars. When logging in click on the Control panel link over to the right, this will bring you into your personal settings. Over to the left click on Edit Avatar. There you can choose a selection of personal avatars or upload your own.

Post #1473
Posted 7/9/2010 7:10:44 PM

@The Keeper

Well a very small one. I thought the only positive thing was that a few years earlier they send me home cause i evidently still was not losing 'enough' hair. lol.

I had no idea that B is considered not good. I did have another procedure scheduled in 2008 which i thankfully cancelled at the time.

Post #1476
Posted 7/9/2010 8:15:38 PM

Last Login: 3/3/2015 1:08:18 AM
I can't speak for all of the results or Blogs that you mentioned. I have met an Antonio Armani patient in person and it was a real good result. I didn't get to touch his hair or anything but I would never had guessed that he had work done.

Nor did I get to inspect the donor portion of his head but the hairline was great.

Post #1477
Posted 7/10/2010 12:08:06 AM

Last Login: 7/17/2014 6:08:13 PM
How many Armanis are there?!  (haha)  Seriously though, looking around on the net and visiting a few clinics, I have NEVER seen anything that even remotely compares to the work done here... I also went to Bosely ages ago and was turned away due to my age and "not having lost enough hair''.  They suggested Propecia.  If you want something that sounds "too good to be true", try a magical pill that will grow back all your hair (nevermind that it might make you crap your guts out or damage your organs if you take the wrong dose... including the possibility that your ''favorite'' one might not perform as usual...).  And don't even get me started on toppical haircare products... herbs, pills and shampoos might help your hair in some cases (and places), but I would consider everything in those categories "too good to be true".  As far as being worried that Armani results might be somehow misguiding... I can't say one way or another with absolute certainty, since I have no personal experience... but as far as Pats' results go, they are amazing.  And about the ONLY thing he could have possibly done further to prove that his are genuine (he has done quite a bit already) would have been to shoot video of his hairloss BEFORE surgery, like he did after.  My two cents.
Post #1482
Posted 7/10/2010 10:46:29 AM

Forum Guru

lyuk (7/10/2010)
How many Armanis are there?!  (haha)  Seriously though, looking around on the net and visiting a few clinics, I have NEVER seen anything that even remotely compares to the work done here... I also went to Bosely ages ago and was turned away due to my age and "not having lost enough hair''.  They suggested Propecia.  If you want something that sounds "too good to be true", try a magical pill that will grow back all your hair (nevermind that it might make you crap your guts out or damage your organs if you take the wrong dose... including the possibility that your ''favorite'' one might not perform as usual...).  And don't even get me started on toppical haircare products... herbs, pills and shampoos might help your hair in some cases (and places), but I would consider everything in those categories "too good to be true".  As far as being worried that Armani results might be somehow misguiding... I can't say one way or another with absolute certainty, since I have no personal experience... but as far as Pats' results go, they are amazing.  And about the ONLY thing he could have possibly done further to prove that his are genuine (he has done quite a bit already) would have been to shoot video of his hairloss BEFORE surgery, like he did after.  My two cents.

Yeah, I was much to emabrressed by my hairloss at the time to have taken videos when I was thinning and bald. I wasn't as comfortable talking baout it then as I am now.

Eric
Patient Care
Alvi Armani
[email protected]

Post #1484
Posted 7/10/2010 1:51:04 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 5/31/2011 3:42:26 PM
I have had two procedures with Dr. Armani. I'm currently out of my second one. Prior to that I had a strip surgery with another doctor in southern california. My hairstylist said that it is the best work, and most natural that she has ever seen. Dr. Armani's work is amazing. Before my procedure I thought that the pictures on the site were unbelievable. Well, now I am a part of those pictures. He really outlines a great plan for individual hair loss, as well as really strategizing over your donor hair should further loss occurr. I know if i suffer further loss I will be in good hands.

Here is my website  http://armani-fue-transplant.blogspot.com/
Post #1486
Posted 7/10/2010 3:52:18 PM

Last Login: 3/3/2015 1:11:33 AM
Eurohair1621 (7/10/2010)
I have had two procedures with Dr. Armani. I'm currently out of my second one. Prior to that I had a strip surgery with another doctor in southern california. My hairstylist said that it is the best work, and most natural that she has ever seen. Dr. Armani's work is amazing. Before my procedure I thought that the pictures on the site were unbelievable. Well, now I am a part of those pictures. He really outlines a great plan for individual hair loss, as well as really strategizing over your donor hair should further loss occurr. I know if i suffer further loss I will be in good hands.

You had your procedure in LA or Toronto?

Post #1489
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:42am